SMS short code call to action mock-up requirements
When you are applying for an SMS short code in the United States and Canada, you must provide a mock-up of process your customers use to sign-up for your short code service. You must include this mock-up along with your application form.
Warning: We are unable to process a short code application without a mock-up.
The following elements must be present on your mock-up:
Service description and name
- Example: Sign up to receive shipping notifications from your company!
- Example: Message and data rates may apply.
Note: In the US, carriers require this verbiage verbatim. Carriers will not approve mock-ups that include the word “standard” as this implies the existence of premium rate messaging, which is no longer allowed in the US.)
- Example: One message per login, Message frequency varies, or Three messages per delivery.
Customer care contact information
- Example: Reply HELP for help.
Opt out instructions
- Example: Reply STOP to opt out.
Link to Terms of Service
- Example: If you have any questions regarding terms of service, see link to your company’s terms of service page.