Screen share overview
- Genesys Cloud CX 3 or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
A screen share session is an addition to a voice or web chat interaction that allows agents to see the screen of the sharer. Agents can see what customers do in real time during active voice and web chat interactions. With screen share you can:
- Allow sharers to share their entire desktop.
- Give sharers the ability to stop a screen share session at any time.
- Let sharers launch a screen share session from Chrome, Firefox, or your desktop application.
- Configure screen share to require no additional downloads for your customers.
Screen share offers flexible implementation options to suit your organization’s needs. For more information, see Plan for screen share.
How screen share works
Screen share uses WebRTC to send and receive the screen share. Sharers only require a WebRTC compatible application to share their screens. You can either include the WebRTC capable Chromium Embedded Framework in your desktop application, or direct customers to use a WebRTC compatible web browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome. For more information, see Screen share client options.
The agent requests a screen share session during a voice or web chat interaction. For voice, the agent verbally communicates the security key to the sharer, who then types it in a form. For web chat, Genesys Cloud shares the security key behind the scenes, with no action needed from the agent. After Genesys Cloud connects the screen share session, the agent can see the sharer’s screen, and either the agent or the sharer can end the screen share.
|Voice to screen share flow||Web chat to screen share flow|