Enable web chat deployments
Genesys encourages existing web chat customers to migrate to web messaging.
The following permissions:
- Directory > All Permissions
- Web Chat > Deployment > All
Turn on this setting to require web chat widget deployments in Genesys Cloud and a deployment key on your website for any web chat configuration on your site. You can use web chat deployments without turning on this setting.
- After you turn on web chat deployments, existing website-only web chat configurations stop working and agents stop receiving chats from those website-only configurations.
- On December 12, 2018, Genesys began removing the website-only web chat configuration method. For more information about the removal, see Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration.
- Click Admin.
- Under Account Settings, click Organization Settings.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Contact Center, move the Web Chat Deployments switch to the desired setting:
- ON — Requires web chat deployments across the organization.
- OFF — Does not require web chat deployments across the organization.