Roles and permissions overview
- Engage User and PureCloud User to User
- Engage Supervisor and PureCloud Supervisor to Supervisor
If you created your organization prior to 2020, the legacy role names may appear.
Each role in Genesys Cloud contains one or more permissions. The permissions allow users with that role to do various tasks, such as create groups, set up integrations, and supervise contact center activity.
- The Employee role has the lowest level of permissions and is assigned to all users. This role cannot be removed. A user must be assigned additional roles by a Genesys Cloud Administrator to have additional permissions.
- The Admin role has permissions to make any changes to a Genesys Cloud organization. This role is automatically assigned to whoever sets up the organization. This person is responsible for inviting others to a Genesys Cloud organization and for assigning roles to invitees.
Roles are used to manage Genesys Cloud licenses within an organization. When you assign a role to a Genesys Cloud user, you are also assigning the license.
How to obtain new permissions for default roles
Genesys Cloud adds the latest new permissions to default roles via periodic updates. You can add new permissions manually without altering any modifications you made to the role, or you can restore the role to the default state and receive the new permissions automatically.
However, when you restore a default role, the system does not retain any permissions you added, and adds back permissions you deleted. To return a role to the default state with its original and updated permissions, select Edit Role and click Restore Default Role.
You can use the default roles or create customized roles. For example, if certain managers should be able to manage content workspaces, but should not have any other admin permissions, you can:
- Create a new role and name it “Content Manager.”
- Add the Content Management Admin permission to that role.
- Assign the role to employees who require it. You can unassign the role or disable it for everyone at any time.
||Genesys Cloud 3|