Add a queue variable
Queues are the “waiting line” of interactions. In Architect, a queue expression routes a work item to an eligible queue. Queues are established and configured by the Genesys Cloud administrator.
Add a queue variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a queue variable to an Update Data data action. For example, to send a call to senior technical support or a specialized marketing team. If you set an Update Data action with a queue variable named Flow.QueueName, for example, then you can use Flow.QueueName.id inside the Call Data action to obtain the queue id.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select Queue.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the queue from literal mode, select the appropriate queue from the drop-down list.
- To set the queue using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.