Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Dominican Republic
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Dominican Republic.
- Geographic numbers can be assigned only if the enterprise is physically located within the area associated with the number. These numbers are based on city area codes. For example, a Santo Domingo area number (+829-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The self-service portal for numbers provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Dominican Republic start with prefix (0800). A domestic toll-free number does not require an address for activation. These numbers can only be called within Dominican Republic from landlines and mobile phones. Note that there is a regulatory process requirement for obtaining domestic toll-free numbers in Dominican Republic. The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation.
- Intermittent international reachability issues have been reported.
- Dominican Republic numbers are subject to a usage policy whereby numbers that are and have remained unused may be reclaimed upon a five day notice period due to scarcity of number resourcing within the range in operation.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.