Get a console log on the desktop app
When problems occur, console and network logs provide visibility into the actions and events on an agent’s computer. When combined with Cloud-side logging, browser logs (console logs and network logs) provide Customer Care with a full picture of an issue. Troubleshooting issues without complete information can be difficult, if not impossible.
If you cannot reproduce your issue with Genesys Cloud running in Chrome, you can get your console log with the Genesys Cloud desktop app.
- To display the console, use advanced preferences.
- Simultaneously press the Option key and click Genesys Cloud > Advanced Preferences…
- Select the Enable Developer Tools check box.
- Click Genesys Cloud a second time and click Show Console.The console appears.
- Click Genesys Cloud > Advanced Preferences, select the Enable Developer Tools check box, and click OK.
- Click Genesys Cloud a second time and click Show Console. The console appears.
- Click the Console tab.
- At the upper right of the Console window, click .
- Click Settings.
- In the Console group, select the following check boxes:
- Log XMLHttpRequests
- Show timestamps
- Preserve log upon navigation Note: On Macs, the check box disappears when you click it. If the check box is present, the option is off.
- At the upper right, to close the page, click .
- Return to the Console tab.
- To the right of the Filter field, click the list of filter levels, and click any filter levels not already selected. Make sure that you select All levels.
- On the left side of the Filter field, to clear the console click .
- Leave the console open and replicate the steps to reproduce your issue.
- Use your mouse to select all the console text.
- Copy the console text. On a Mac use Command+C. On Windows, use Ctrl+C.Note: The Save as … command does not work in the Genesys Cloud desktop app.
- Paste the log in a plain text file and save the file.Note: If you copy or move log files soon after saving, they can break. Ensure to wait for the data transfer to complete after saving the file and then, move the file to a different location or upload the file to the Support ticket.
- Upload the file to your Support ticket along with any other requested information. Use My Support to open and manage your support cases.