Gather Chrome console logs
Console and network logs provide visibility into the actions and events on an agent’s computer when problems occur. When combined with Cloud-side logging, console and network logs provide Customer Care with a full picture of an issue. It can be difficult, if not impossible, to troubleshoot issues with incomplete information.
The method to get a console log on Mac and Windows is the same:
In your Chrome browser, click and then More tools > Developer tools.Note: It is normal to see that tracing is already running in the Console upon opening.
To the upper right of the Developer tools menu, click .
- Click Settings.
- Under the Console section, click the following check boxes:
- Log XMLHttpRequests
- Show timestamps
- Preserve log upon navigation
- At the upper right, to close the page, click .
Click the Console tab.
- To the right of the Filter field, click the list of filter levels, and click any filter levels not already selected. Make sure that you select All levels.
- Leftmost of the Filter field, to clear the console click .
- Leave the console open and reproduce the steps for the issue under investigation.
- After you reproduce the issue, return to the console.
- Right-click and save the log file.
- Upload the file to the PureConnect Customer Care ticket along with any other requested information. Use My Support to open and manage your support cases.