Enable network capture
- Telephony Admin role
To provide information that you can use to troubleshoot and diagnose network issues on your premises Edge, configure PureCloud to perform full packet captures on your Edge device. More specifically, this feature captures all network traffic passing through a specific network interface.
PureCloud saves the packet capture information in the .pcap file format, which you can view with a tool like Wireshark.
After you enable the network capture feature, you specify how long you want to capture network packets by setting a date and time. Keep in mind that the maximum length of time over which you can capture data is one week.
- Enabling network capture can degrade performance and affect QoS.
- If your organization is using Secure IVR, do NOT enable the Network Capture setting. The reason being that, when enabled, this setting allows the logging of all data entered into the system. This logging process includes data entered by Secure IVR flows, which could include sensitive data that should not be exposed or captured.
- If you are a PCI-compliant PureCloud organization and have the PCI DSS setting enabled, then you cannot enable network capture – the Network Capture setting is unavailable.
To enable network capture:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Edges.
- Choose the Edge that you want to monitor.
- Click the Network Interfaces tab.
- Choose the network interface that you want to monitor.
- Click the Diagnostics tab.
- Enable Network Capture.
- Under Capture until, choose a date and time that specifies how long you want to collect data.
- Click Save Interfaces.
For more information, see Download network capture logs.