Download network capture logs
- Telephony Admin role
PureCloud allows you to enable network capture logs on any of the Edge’s network interfaces for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes. PureCloud saves these log files in the .pcap file format, which you can view with a tool like Wireshark.
PureCloud stores the log files on the Edge until you move them to the cloud. To keep the file size manageable and conserve disk space, PureCloud breaks up the capture operation into 24-hour periods ending at midnight. At midnight, the Edge closes the current .pcap file and opens a new one. Thus, each file contains at most 24 hours of data. After the Edge closes a .pcap file, it compresses the file into a .zip file. The .zip files remain on the Edge for a one week. After one week, the Edge checks the time and date stamp on the .zip files and deletes those files that are a week old.
To retrieve a network capture log:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Edges.
- Choose the Edge containing the network capture log you want to retrieve.
- Click the Diagnostics Logs tab.
- Use the filter controls to locate the network capture log you want to retrieve.
- Click the check box at the beginning of the row.
- Click Upload to Cloud.
- When the file upload is complete, Ready to Download appears in the Status column
- Click the Ready to Download link and save the file to your computer.
- Examine the file as directed by PureCloud Customer Care.
For more information, see Enable network capture.