Configure emergency routing to a local gateway
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
To configure emergency routing to a local gateway, complete the following procedure.
Note: This procedure applies only to hardware Edges under the BYOC Premises telephony connection option. It does not apply to Genesys Cloud Voice, BYOC Cloud, or virtual Edges.
Complete the Create a trunk under BYOC Premises and enter the IP address of your gateway in the Hostname or IP Address field.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Sites.
- Click the site that contains the local gateway.
- Click the Outbound Routes tab.
- In the Outbound Route column, click Default Outbound Route.
- In the Classifications field, click the x on Emergency to delete the Emergency classification from the Default Outbound Route.
- Click New Outbound Route.
- Type a name in the Outbound Route Name field.
- Click Select an External Trunk and add the trunk you created in the “Create a tie line to the local gateway” procedure.
- Click in the Classifications field and select Emergency.
- Click Save Outbound Routes.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Edges.
- In the Edge Name column, click the Edge.
- Click the Network Interfaces tab.
- Click the port for the SIP trunk traffic.
- Click the Select an External SIP Trunk field and select the trunk that you want to connect to the network interface.
- Click Save Edge.
- Repeat the procedure for any additional Edges within your Edge group.