Download the PureCloud Softphone
The PureCloud Softphone is for users who wish to use a computer or laptop with a USB headset to make calls. The PureCloud Softphone runs on Windows-based PC’s and laptops. The current version of the PureCloud Softphone is 3036. For backwards compatibility, the previous versions are still supported and available.
- See PureCloud Softphone prerequisites for operating system requirements.
- For best results, the telephony administrator performs the PureCloud Softphone administration configuration for users before setting up the PureCloud Softphone on users’ computers. This preparation enables the PureCloud Softphone to provision automatically following the PureCloud Softphone installation.
- Removed the softphone client’s capability to request automatic firmware updates from the Edge. (These requests have been ignored by the Edge since build 8670. For more information, see Edge and Media Tier release notes.)
- Resolved a Softphone one-way audio issue.
- Softphone no longer crashes when DPI Scaling is over 100%.
- Resolved an issue where the softphone did not honor codec priority.
- Original release for PureCloud.
The download is in an MSI file format.
- Locate and double click the MSI file.
- When the Windows User Account Control prompt appears, click Yes.
- When prompted to restart Windows, click Yes.
After Windows restarts, you’ll see PureCloud Softphone icon on the desktop.
You’ll see PureCloud Softphone icon in Windows taskbar notification area. This indicates that the PureCloud Softphone is ready to use.
If your telephony administrator has not yet performed the PureCloud Softphone administration configuration, the following message appears:
In addition, the PureCloud Softphone icon in the taskbar notification appears with red X on top.
Contact the telephony administrator. You may need to run the PureCloud Provisioning Wizard to complete the installation.