Desktop app overview
The Genesys Cloud desktop app is available for Windows and Mac:
- Use a dedicated application. Run Genesys Cloud as a stand-alone program, and keep it separate from your browser windows and tabs.
- Start Genesys Cloud automatically. Automatically open Genesys Cloud when your computer starts up, and avoid missing important communications.
- Run in silent mode. Close the window but continue to run Genesys Cloud in the background, allowing you to continue receiving chats and notifications.
- Update automatically. The desktop app notifies you when a newer version is available and prompts you to refresh or install it.
For more information, see About apps.
Download the installer for your operating system:
To install, double-click the installer, and follow the prompts.
Log in to Genesys Cloud
- If needed, to the lower right, select your language from the list.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select your organization’s region.
- Click Log In.
If you use the same email address to log in to multiple organizations, you must enter an organization name when you log in. Genesys Cloud may ask you to enter an organization name, or you can click More Login Options.
If your administrator enabled single sign-on (SSO), click More Login Options to enter the organization name and authenticate with the Identity Provider, for example, OneLogin. Once authenticated, you can log in automatically to Genesys Cloud without entering your user name and password.