Troubleshoot: Desktop app for Windows does not update successfully
When updating the PureCloud desktop app for Windows, one of the following issues occurs, indicating that the update was not successful:
- The desktop app does not start.
- The desktop app starts, and a Windows crash error occurs.
- The desktop app starts but shuts down immediately.
- The desktop app starts but shows a white screen rather than the login screen.
- Any other situation where you do not see the appropriate login screen.
Run a Repair install:
- Download the latest version of the desktop app for Windows.
- Run the executable.
- Click Repair.
- Click Close when the Repair install completes.
- Start the desktop app.
If the Repair install doesn’t resolve the issue, run the executable again. Select Uninstall, and perform a clean install of the latest version of the desktop app.
If the Uninstall/reinstall doesn’t resolve the issue, contact your administrator for assistance.