Create and add custom tabs to a Lightning app
In Salesforce, you can create a custom tab of a component and then add it as a navigation item to a Lightning app. When you install the CX Cloud, Core Services for Salesforce Service Cloud and CX Cloud, Voice for Salesforce Service Cloud packages, the following custom components are available:
- GC for SCV Settings
- GC for SCV Schedule Callback
- GC for SCV Queue Stats
- GC for SCV Callback State
To create a custom tab in Salesforce:
- On the Setup Home page, search for Tabs in the Quick Find box and select Tabs.
- In the Lightning Component Tabs section, click New.
- Enter the following details for the Lightning component tab:
- Select the Lightning component from the list.
- Enter the tab label as appropriate.
- Select a tab style to set a color scheme and an icon for the tab.
- Click Next.
- Select the user profile to whom the tab must be available by default. Note: Ensure that the tab is available for the administrator who sets up the contact center in Salesforce.
- Click Save.
Add the custom tab to the Lightning app
- On the Setup Home page, click the App Launcher icon.
- Search for the app in the Search apps and items box and click to open the app.
- In the app navigation menu, click Edit.
- In the Edit Contact Center App Navigation Items window, click Add More Items.
- In the Add Items window, search for the custom tabs that you had created and select them.
- Click Add 1 Nav Item.
- Click Save.
The Lightning component appears as a navigation menu item in the selected Lightning app.