Create a trunk under BYOC Cloud
PureCloud recommends that you rely on the default BYOC Cloud trunk settings described in this article. However, if after you create a basic BYOC Cloud trunk, you find that you need more control based on the requirements from your carrier, see External trunk settings.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- Click Create New.
- In External Trunk Name, enter a trunk name.
- From the Type list, select the type of BYOC Cloud trunk you want to create.
You can select either
- Confirm that the Trunk State switch is set to In-Service.
- Select the appropriate trunk transport protocol from the Protocol list. For more information, see Choose a trunk transport protocol.
- Under Inbound / Termination, enter an identifier in the Inbound SIP Termination Identifier box.
- Enable DNIS Routing if you cannot use FQDN or TGRP for the identifier.
- For more information, see the Inbound section of the Configure SIP routing for a BYOC Cloud trunk article.
- Under Outbound, enter identifiers in the appropriate Outbound SIP boxes to configure your outbound request URI.
- For more information, see the Outbound section of the Configure SIP routing for a BYOC Cloud trunk article.
- Specify the SIP Servers or Proxies by entering a hostname or IP address and a port number and clicking Plus .
- Choose the appropriate Digest Authentication setting.
- If you enable digest authentication, you’ll need to specify the associated Realm, as well as the User Name, and Password to use as the authentication credentials.
- Under Calling, specify specify the Address and Name, as well as the appropriate override methods for each.
- For more information, see Set the outbound calling address under BYOC Cloud.
- Under SIP Access Control, build a list of IP or CIDR addresses to which you want to permit SIP access by entering an address and clicking Plus .
- If you are configuring BYOC PBX trunk, you’ll see the PBX Passthrough setting.
- Enable PBX Passthrough if you want to allow your PBX to pass calls intended for the PSTN directly through PureCloud.
- For more information, see Configure PBX passthrough for a BYOC trunk.
- Click Save External Trunk.