Configure utilization at the org level
- Routing > Utilization > Manage permission
Utilization defines the specific number of individual interactions; for example, calls, emails, and chats, that an agent can handle at any time across the various media types that the platform supports. Also, utilization settings define which types of media can interrupt or visually alert the agents of other interactions they handle. You can define utilization at the organization level, or down to an individual agent level.
- The maximum capacity for each interaction type is 25.
- By default, the system uses agent utilization as the administrator configures it from the organization level. However, you can also configure utilization at the agent level. For more information, see Configure utilization at the agent level.
To configure utilization, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Utilization. The Manage Utilization dialog box appears.
- Under Maximum Capacity, specify the maximum number of interactions to allow for each interaction type. For example, if you want an agent to work on up to four emails at one time, then set the Email maximum capacity to 4.
- Voice only: To ensure that ACD actions do not interrupt non-ACD interactions, select the Block calls when on a non-ACD call (excludes transfers) check box. The system does not include non-ACD calls in the overall ACD utilization count because they are internal, not ACD calls.
- (Optional) Under Can be interrupted by, specify the interaction types that you want to allow to alert agents while they handle interactions already assigned to them. For example, if you want to alert an agent of an incoming call while they currently handle a chat, then on the Chat row, add Voice. Note: For analytics purposes, when one interaction interrupts another, hold time emits to indicate the amount of time that the agent was utilized on another conversation. Also, the order in which you add interaction types does not indicate the priority of one type over another.
- To revert to the organization’s default settings, click Reset to system defaults.
- Click Save.