Configure utilization at the org level
- Routing > Utilization > Manage permission
Utilization defines the specific number of individual interactions; for example, calls, emails, chats, and so on, that an agent can handle at any given time across the various media types supported in the platform. Additionally, utilization settings define which types of media can interrupt, or provide a visual alert to agents, of other interactions an agent is handling.
To configure utilization, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Utilization. The Manage Utilization dialog box appears.
- Under Maximum Capacity, specify the maximum number of interactions to allow for each interaction type. For example, if you want an agent to work on up to four emails at one time, then set the Email maximum capacity to 4.
- Voice only: To ensure that non-ACD interactions are not interrupted by ACD interactions, select the Block calls when on a non-ACD call (excludes transfers) check box. The system does not include non-ACD calls in the overall ACD utilization count because they are internal, not ACD calls.
- (Optional) Under Can be interrupted by, specify the interaction types allowed to alert agents while they handle interactions already assigned to them. For example, if you want to alert an agent that is currently handling a chat of an incoming call, then on the Chat row, add Voice. Note: For analytics purposes, when one interaction interrupts another, hold time does not count toward handle time calculations. Additionally, the order in which you add interaction types does not indicate the priority of one type over another.
- To revert to the organization’s default settings, click Reset to system defaults.
- Click Save.