Configure search in Zendesk
After you install PureCloud for Zendesk, you can select the phone field that the integration uses for screen pops, click-to-dial, and searching Zendesk users. You can also configure how the integration searches PureCloud and Zendesk.
By default, the integration uses the primary phone field on a user record in Zendesk to perform a screen pop, click-to-dial, or search of Zendesk users. As administrators, you can configure which phone field the integration uses for these actions.
By default, when agents search for names or numbers before transferring an interaction or making a call, the client returns people and queues from your PureCloud organization and users from your Zendesk organization. As administrators, you can configure which entities the integration searches. You can also configure the integration to search external contacts in your PureCloud organization.
- In the left navigation pane in Zendesk, click the PureCloud icon.
- Configure the following settings:
- Primary Phone Field is the field that the integration uses to perform a screen pop, click-to-dial, and search of Zendesk users. You can select a system or custom field as the primary phone field.
- Search PureCloud People searches people in your PureCloud organization.
- Search PureCloud Queues searches queues in your PureCloud organization.
- Search PureCloud External Contacts searches external contacts in your PureCloud organization.
- Search Zendesk Users searches all users in your Zendesk organization.
- Click Save.
For the other settings, see Settings in PureCloud for Zendesk.
For more information about the integration, see About PureCloud for Zendesk.