Flow authors can determine how to handle auto-generated incoming email messages, such as out of office notices. By default, the setting is to disconnect. Genesys Cloud replies only to the latest email sent from the customer and not to auto-replies. When an inbound email is marked as auto-generated, it is not included in the agent’s reply email.
Genesys Cloud determines whether the email is an automatically generated email by confirming that:
- The Auto-Submitted header value is not equal to “no”
- The “Precedence” header contains a value of “bulk”
- The “X-Autoreply” header contains a value of “yes”
To access inbound email settings:
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow’s configuration page opens.
- Under Settings, click Inbound Email.