Configure a Sennheiser headset
PureCloud WebRTC supports the built-in call controls on Sennheiser headsets. This feature enables you to use the controls on the headset to perform basic call operations.*
- Answer call
- Hang up a call
- Put a call on hold
- Remove a call from hold
- Mute a call
- Unmute a call
- Reject a call
*Available call controls depend upon the capabilities of your particular Sennheiser headset model.
To use the built-in call controls on a Sennheiser headset, you must have a WebRTC phone assigned to you. (See Assign a default phone.) You can use Sennheiser headsets in the PureCloud desktop app or when running PureCloud from a supported web browser.
Set up the headset
After you have the Sennheiser HeadSetup software installed on your computer, you can set up the headset.
- From the sidebar, click the Calls icon. The Calls panel opens.
- From the Calls panel, click the Settings icon. The Phone Settings panel opens. In the Audio Controls – Profile Name box, a Use Computer settings message appears.
- Using the appropriate connector (USB cable or USB transceiver), connect your headset to a USB port on your computer .
- When PureCloud prompts you to create a device profile, click Yes.
- Verify that your headset appears as the default selection in the microphone and speaker boxes.
- In the Audio Controls – Profile Name box, enter a name.
- Click Save.
You can now use the call controls built into your Sennheiser headset. In the future, PureCloud automatically loads your headset profile as long as your headset is connected to your computer’s USB port.
If after you create a device profile, you disconnect your headset, PureCloud prompts you to use the existing profile the next time you connect the headset to your computer’s USB port.
Edit the device profile
To edit your device profile, next to the Profile Name box click the Edit profile icon.