Configure a contact center in Salesforce
To enable the agents to have the necessary tools and information they need when taking customer calls, you need to configure your contact center for Service Cloud Voice in Salesforce. In the contact center, configure the following utilities provided by CX Cloud from Genesys and Salesforce:
- Genesys Cloud CX Utility
- Queue Stats
- Callback state
- Schedule callback
Create a Lightning app named Contact Center in Salesforce. When creating the app, you can add the Genesys Cloud CX Utility and Omni-Channel widgets. The Genesys Cloud CX Utility provides agents with the ability to manage their phone, queue, callback, and after call work. Also, configure the Voice Call record page with the components for queue stats and callback state, and add it to the contact center app. For more information, see Create and configure Voice Call record page for agents.
To create a Lightning app in Salesforce:
- On the Setup Home page, search for Apps in the Quick Find box and select App Manager.
- To open the New Lightning App wizard, click New Lightning App.
- Enter a name for the app; for example, Contact Center, and then click Next.
- Select Console navigation as the navigation style and click Next.
- Add the Genesys Cloud CX Utility and Omni-Channel utilities. Note: For Genesys Cloud CX Utility, ensure that you select the Start automatically option.
- Click Next.
- Select Voice Calls and move it from the Available Items list to the Selected Items list. Then, click Next.
- Select to open the Voice Call record page as workspace tabs or subtabs of a given list of components and click Next.
- Select System Administrator and the profile assigned to an agent, and move it from the Available Profiles list to the Selected Profiles list.Note: Ensure that the user profiles selected have access to the contact center. For more information, see Assign permissions sets.
- Click Save & Finish.