Assign permission sets to Service Cloud Voice users
Salesforce provides Contact Center Admin (Partner Telephony) and Contact Center Agent (Partner Telephony) permission sets. Assign these permission sets accordingly to the administrator and agents. The permission set assignment is essential for you and your agents to access the contact center and start managing the voice calls.
To assign permission set to users in Salesforce:
- On the Setup Home page, search for Permission sets in the Quick Find box and select Permission Sets.
- From the list of permission sets, click Contact Center Admin (Partner Telephony) or Contact Center Agent (Partner Telephony).Note: For secure pause and resume of call recordings, assign the cloned permission sets.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- In the Current Assignments page, click Add Assignment.
- Select the user from the list and click Next.
- Select an expiration option of the permission for the user.
- Click Assign.
Pause and resume call recordings
If your organization records calls for training and quality purposes, then you might prefer not to record any sensitive information. Clone the existing Contact Center Admin (Partner Telephony) and Contact Center Agent (Partner Telephony) permission sets in Salesforce and edit the permission for call recordings. To allow agents to pause and resume call recordings, you must assign the users to a permission set that has the Control Call Headings option enabled for App Permissions. For more information, see Enable secure pause and resume of call recordings.