Article touchpoint and segment overview
- Agent Assist: Knowledge that agents can use to advise customers
- Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flows: Voice bots that customers can use for self-service
- Genesys Digital Bot Flows: Digital bots that customers can use for self-service
- Knowledge portal: Self-service outlet that enables customers to navigate a self-service experience
- Knowledge app for Messenger: A self-service outlet that, paired with the Messenger Homescreen, enables customers to navigate between a bot or agent conversation and your public knowledge base
Article touchpoints enable you to tailor the same answer according to a specific touchpoint. Without variations, you must create separate knowledge articles and knowledge bases for each need. This situation can lead to challenges with maintenance and keeping knowledge up to date. You can create variations for a single touchpoint, or for a combination of touchpoints.
Use cases and constraints
Touchpoints can have different and unique needs. For example, Agent Assist enables agents to interact with the customer, while the remaining touchpoints allow the customer to take advantage of self-service opportunities and navigate information gathering on their own. Sometimes agents must be privy to more information. Bots have a smaller amount of space to answer questions, and you may want those answers to be concise. In the Knowledge Portal or Messenger, you might prefer more engaging, rich content to capture the customer’s attention.
Use article variations to create specific content according to touchpoints or segments. Segments identify and classify visitors based on their shared behavior and characteristics. For example, you can present information according to the customer’s location or device, your organization’s campaigns, and Predictive Engagement journey management.
To customize segments for customer and journey attributes, you must enable Predictive Engagement. You can only use segments that you previously create in Predictive Engagement. When you select a segment in a touchpoint, the information that the customer sees changes to align with the content of the selected segment.
To add a variation for a touchpoint or segment, see Add a touchpoint or segment for a knowledge base article. For more information about segments, see Manage segments and About segments.