Add a field to the profile configuration
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Profile Fields. The Profile Fields page appears.
- Click the section that you want to contain the new field.
- Click Add Field.
Note: This button is available only if fields are available for you to add.
- In the Field Details tab, click an option from the Field Type menu:
- Text — Creates a field where users enter text values, like the Name and Biography fields.
- Tag — Creates a field where users enter searchable tags, like the Skills and Certifications fields.
Under Configuration, do the following depending on the selection in the previous step:
For this field type… Do the following… Text Enter the maximum number of characters allowed in the new field in the Maximum Length field. Tag
- Enter the maximum number of characters allowed for each tag in the Maximum Tag Length field.
- Enter the maximum number of tags allowed in the field in the Maximum Tag Count field.
Click the Field Labels tab and add user-facing text for the new field in all applicable languages:
- Field Name — Provides the name of the field.
- Instruction Text — Provides the text that displays when the user hovers over the help icon next to the field name in edit mode.
- Click Save.Note: After you save a field, you cannot change the field type or field configuration settings.