Why is an email routed from a queue to an agent no longer in that queue?
For emails and messages, Genesys Cloud routes the interaction to the previous agent if the agent is on-queue, even if the agent is no longer active in or a member of the queue from which the email or message routed. This behavior is known as last agent routing.
- A customer sends an email or message to the Technical Support queue.
- ACD email routes the email or message to Agent A in the Technical Support queue.
- Agent A replies to the original email or message.
- Agent A moves from the Technical Support queue and into the Escalated Support queue.
- The customer responds to Agent A’s reply.
- Agent A, while in the Escalated Support queue, receives the email or message from the Technical Support queue.