Use the custom SMTP server integration to send outbound emails
After you install and activate the custom SMTP server integration, select to use your SMTP server for outbound emails in the Genesys Cloud email configuration.
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Email.
- Click the appropriate custom domain.
- Click the Domain settings tab.
- Under Outbound Email Sending, click Use my organization’s SMTP for sending outbound emails.
- Select the appropriate SMTP server integration from the list.
- Click Test SMTP connection. Note: If you receive an error, update your configuration before saving this setting.
- Click Save.
After completing this configuration, when agents send emails, Genesys Cloud uses the SMTP server to deliver those emails. Agents will not notice any changes.
- This configuration applies only to outbound emails. It does not affect existing inbound email rules and configuration.
- If the SMTP server is down or unreachable, agents can continue to send emails, but the SMTP server cannot deliver the emails until the server is back up and running. If the issue is not resolved within two days, Genesys Cloud alerts the customer. In addition, Genesys Cloud queues the unsent emails, and attempts to resend them after four days. If the SMTP server is still unreachable after that attempt, the emails are deleted.
- Genesys Cloud uses certain IP addresses for outbound SMTP traffic to customer endpoints. You can add these IP addresses to your allowlist to prevent unauthorized access to your API resources. To retrieve a list of these IP addresses, call GET /api/v2/ipranges.