Configure and activate the custom SMTP server integration
After installing the custom SMTP server integration, configure and activate the integration.
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Find and open the Custom SMTP Server integration that you previously installed.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Properties and enter the following information:
- (Optional) Add contact information for notification purposes.
- Set the maximum email size of your SMTP server. The default size is 10 MB and the maximum allowed size is 40 MB. When the size of an outbound email exceeds the value set in the field, Genesys Cloud does not attempt to reach the server, and alerts the agents to reduce the size of the email.
- Add the host of the SMTP server that you want to use for this integration.
- Add the SMTP port. Note: Ports 587, 465, and 25 are available to use by default.
- Keep the default True selection to use the STARTLLS command to start a TLS connection with your SMTP server, or select False to use SMTPS.
- The custom SMTP server integration uses the TLS 1.2 and 1.3 protocol.
- Genesys Cloud uses certain IP addresses for outbound SMTP traffic to customer endpoints. You can add these IP addresses to your allowlist to prevent unauthorized access to your API resources. To retrieve a list of these IP addresses, call GET /api/v2/ipranges.
- Click Configure.
- In the Configure Credentials dialog, choose the authentication type, and type the appropriate user name and password that Genesys Cloud is approved to access.
Note: The authentication type depends on the configuration you set up in the email service provider environment.
- Confirm the password.
- Click OK.