Upload a new version of a file
- Content Management User permission assigned to any role
- Click Documents.
- Search for a file or open a workspace.
- Hover over the file.
- Under Actions, click More.
- Click Replace.
- Click Browse.
- Select the file.
Notes: Your file is uploaded immediately.
If you upload a small file, this happens very quickly. If you upload a large file, you may see a status bar and you may have the opportunity to cancel the upload process. If you cancel an upload before it is complete, the original file is not modified.
When you see the Details tab, you can make changes to the file, if necessary. Specifically, you can rename the file and add tags to it. You can also upload another version of the document.Note: You do not need to upload the file again. Your new version is already uploaded.
You can also switch to the other tabs to view the audit trail and share the file.
- To return to the Document Dashboard, do one of the following:
- If you make any changes to the file, click Save.
- If you did not make any changes to the file, click the home icon.
For more information about this topic, see Understand file versions.