Troubleshoot screen share
Sharers receive an error, or nothing happens, when they try to share a screen.
Try the following solutions:
- If the sharer is using Chrome and version 71 or older, then uninstall and reinstall the Chrome extension.
- Confirm that users do not have a local firewall enabled, such as the Windows firewall.
Sharers think that they are sharing their screen, but the agent does not see the shared screen.
- Sharers are using Firefox and accidentally clicked away from the screen picker window.
- The screen share request timed out or the agent canceled it, and sharers did not notice the timeout messages because they were choosing a screen to share.
- Help sharers locate the Firefox screen share picker and choose a screen to share.
- Communicate to the sharer that the screen share request timed out or was canceled.
Chrome incognito mode does not recognize the screen share extension.
Tell sharers to switch to a non-incognito Chrome window or update Chrome to version 72 or newer. Chrome versions 71 and older do not support incognito mode with screen share.
The screen picker covers the sharer’s chat window, so sharers do not see messages from agents.
If sharers are using Chrome for Windows, then the screen picker overlays the web chat window, and sharers cannot chat with the agent until sharers close the screen picker.
Before starting a screen share session, agents can tell sharers to expand their web chat windows.