Set up a Transfer to User action
The Transfer to User action sends an interaction to a specific person or agent. You can add this action to a flow menu or to a task sequence. Your flow design dictates how and when you use this action.
To successfully execute the call flow, the selected user must have logged into Genesys Cloud at least once.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Transfer category and drag a Transfer to User action to the appropriate location in the flow menu or task sequence.
- In the Name field, type a meaningful name for the transfer action. This name becomes the name of the transfer node in the flow menu.
- [Flow menus only] Set DTMF and optional speech recognition settings:
- Click DTMF and choose the key that callers press to enter a caller data entry operation.
- In the Speech Recognition field, optionally add words or phrases to associate with menu options.
- To allow a user to press this number from any menu to find an extension, select the DTMF goes to this menu choice from any menu check box.
- To immediately send the interaction to the current menu operation if the speech recognition engine matches the verbal request anywhere in the call flow, select the Speech recognition terms go to this menu choice from any menu check box.
- Click the User list and select the user to which to transfer the interaction.
- Under Allow rollover to voicemail, select whether to allow the interaction to transfer to voicemail if unanswered.
- To override the default call timeout setting, do the following:
- Click Connect Timeout.
- Use the + or – buttons, or manually enter the desired value in seconds or milliseconds.
- If the flow was previously published, republish the flow. This step ensures that existing flows follow the configured failure path for unsuccessful transfers.
- (Optional) Under Pre-Transfer Audio, select a prompt, add text to speech, or configure an audio sequence to play to the caller before the system transfers the interaction.
- (Optional) Under Failed Transfer Audio, select a prompt, add text to speech, or configure an audio sequence to play to the caller if the transfer action detects a failure.
- [Flow tasks only] Configure the transfer action’s Failure path if the interaction cannot be transferred to the user.Note: For transfer actions included in secure flows, Genesys Cloud overrides the defined failure path and disconnects the call. The normal consultation VXML transfer type can be problematic in secure flows; therefore, Genesys Cloud uses blind transfers. For more information, see Recommendation for the <transfer> element. This behavior occurs in transfers to ACD, user, external numbers, group, other flows, and voicemail.
- Continue building the task per your flow design.