Search chat room history
Search through a chat room’s history to find a previous chat message.
- Click Search.
- Type the subject that you are looking for in the Search chats field. Tips:
- You can also use the /search chat command to open the chat room’s search. Type /search and the search term in the chat window and press Enter. For more information about using chat commands, see the “Use chat commands” section in Send a chat message.
- To include all words that begin with a certain keyword, type an asterisk after the word. For example, if you type test*, chat search finds test, tests, and testing.
- To see the messages sent before and after the result, select one of the search results.
- From the Chat History window, use the quotation mark symbol (“) next to a chat message to reply directly to the person that sent the message or reply to the room.