Retention period for analytics data and recording
This article describes recording and data retention periods, limitations, and common questions around Genesys Cloud support.
Recording files for policy-based recordings are retained according to the retention period set for your QM policy.
Policies for screen recordings are limited to a one-year maximum retention period. There are no upper limits for call recordings or digital recordings.
Conversation detail data
Conversation detail data is retained for the lifespan of the customer contract, unless the maximum interaction data retention time is set. As a result, the conversation detail data will be deleted according to the set time. For more information, see Set the maximum interaction data retention time.
When using the interaction data retention setting, the minimum retention period for Conversation detail data is 90 days. When using the interaction data retention setting, the maximum retention period for Conversation detail data is 5 years.
What are the analytics reporting and recording retrieval limitations?
As conversations age, Genesys Cloud does not provide the same level of retrievability compared with those that were recently completed. The following table illustrates the limitations that occur when accessing analytics data and recordings.
|< 1.5 Years||1.5–5 Years||> 5 Years|
|Searching for Conversation in Interactions View||Yes||Yes||No|
|Interaction Details View, including recording playback||Yes||Yes*||Yes*|
|Recording Bulk Export that was established via QM Policy (Automatic)||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|Recording Bulk Export via Bulk Action API||Yes||Yes||No|
|Analytics Details API||Yes||No||No|
|Analytics Conversation Detail Jobs API||Populated Nightly||Yes||No|
|GET Recording API Access||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* The interaction details view includes the following information for interactions older than 1.5 years.
- Details tab – only includes:
- Interaction ID
- Interaction Type
- Names of internal and external participants, if found in Genesys Cloud (as users or external contacts, respectively)
- Recording retention controls
Additional interaction details (for example, disconnect reason, start time/end time, direction, queue, duration, wrap-up information, and so on) are missing.
- Timeline tab – Interaction timeline is unavailable
- Transcription tab – The Transcript tab is available on enabling the transcription for the call. The Transcription tab does not include conversation events (for example, when a participant joins or leaves the interaction).
Can my data access be extended beyond 5 years?
Currently, we are not able to fulfill individual requests to extend data access within our API endpoints for data older than 5 years of age. The data remains safely stored in our archive.