Protect recordings from deletion
- Recording > Protect recordings from deletion > apply permission
- Recording > Protect recordings from deletion > revoke permission
Contact center managers can select interaction recordings to protect from deletion. Protecting recordings from deletion helps contact centers comply with legal directives to retain recordings for potential litigation or investigation cases, or keep interactions they use for training purposes indefinitely.
Protection can be enabled for policy-based recordings for all media types: call, chat, email, message, and their screen recordings. Applying protection to a recording protects all recordings that are part of the conversation indefinitely or until the protection is removed. Any associated attachments or transcripts are also protected.
Protection prevents manual deletion and overrides existing policy deletion dates for as long as the protection remains in place. When protection is removed, any existing policy deletion date will be applied. Recordings can also be manually deleted.
Recording Audit trail captures the Protection events.
- Protection does not apply if there is a conversation – but no recording exists.
- 1000 conversations can be protected per organization.
To select a conversation as protected from deletion:
- In Genesys Cloud, click Performance > Workspace > Interactions to see the Interactions view and select the required interaction.
Note: To select all of the interactions, select the box in the header row. Then click the Protect Recordings or Release Recordings button.Tip: Save and name this view to make it easier to find the protected interactions later.
- To view an interaction’s details, click the interaction’s row and select the Details tab.
- In the Recording Information section, select the box beside Protected to apply or remove the protection.
A locked icon displays protection status.
When protected, a lock icon in Interactions View in the Recording column also displays protection status.Note:When there is an existing recording, protection is at the conversation level. The protection is also applied to future recordings that later become part of the conversation.
If the interaction has multiple recordings, the protection will automatically apply to all of an interaction’s recording.
After the protection is removed, if the interaction was part of a deletion policy, it will be deleted as a part of that policy.