Prioritize an action map
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud CX:
- Journey > Action Map > Add, Delete, Edit, and View (to create action maps)
- Journey > Action Target > View (to select a team to handle interactions from the action map)
- Create segments.
- Create outcomes.
If an action map uses a web action, set the priority to ensure that visitors see an appropriate number of web-based offers. If multiple action maps are qualified for a given visitor and trigger combination, Genesys Predictive Engagement selects only one action map based on its priority relative to any other action maps that you applied to the same webpage.For each type of web-based offer, Genesys Predictive Engagement uses only one action map for a given segment, at a given time, on a given webpage.
Multiple web-based offers
- Example (multiple content offers or multiple web chats): If a visitor qualifies for multiple content offers or multiple web chats, Genesys Predictive Engagement chooses the action map with the higher priority.
- Example (one content offer and one web chat): If a visitor qualifies for both a content offer and a web chat, the visitor sees both offers.
- If multiple action maps target the same segment at the same time, and they have the same priority, Genesys Predictive Engagement displays each action map a set percentage of the time. For example, if two action maps exist, Genesys Predictive Engagement displays each one 50% of the time. If three action maps exist, Genesys Predictive Engagement displays each one 33% of the time.
- If a visitor ignores an invitation to chat, but then goes to a web page where a higher priority action map is set to trigger, Genesys Predictive Engagement presents the visitor with the invitation to engage.
Some actions, such as Architect flows, do not engage a visitor directly. For these actions, the action map priority is not considered. For example, if multiple Architect flows qualify for a page, all those Architect flows run.