Improve inbound call handling with the Number Plan Site feature
To improve inbound call handling, Genesys Cloud allows you to identify the site with the number plan that you want to use. The site that you select controls the number plan that a trunk uses, both for transforms on inbound calls and for subsequent outbound transfers for calls that never flow through another site.
If you have an existing BYOC Cloud trunk, but have not yet selected a site, a note informs you that the trunk currently use a number plan from any cloud site that has an outbound route configured with this trunk.
To identify a specific site, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Select your trunk in the External Trunk Name list. The Edit External Trunk page appears.
- Under the Inbound | Number Plan Site section, click Select Site. The What site should be used for inbound routing? dialog appears.
- By default, the Number Plan Site list only shows sites that this trunk is currently using.
- To see all sites in the org, select the Show all sites check box.
- From the Number Plan Site list, select the site you want to use.
- Click Select Site.
- Click Save External Trunk.