Enter speech recognition terms
In call flow menus, you can enter keywords and phrases a caller might use to verbally indicate the location to which they want to transfer. This feature is particularly useful if callers might use different terminology for the same destination. For example, callers who want to reach the customer service department might say “customer service”, “customer support”, “support”, “product assistance”, “help” and so on. You can also direct the system to immediately send the caller to the current menu if the speech recognition engine matches the verbal request anywhere within the current flow.
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Click the flow you want to open. The flow’s configuration page opens.
- Select the menu for which you want to configure speech recognition.
- In the Speech Recognition box, type the complete word or phrase you want to include.
- Press Enter or Return to add the word or phrase to the action’s list of terms.
- Repeat this step for all speech recognition terms you want to include.
- To enter words or phrases for other languages defined for the flow, click the show all languages link.Note: When you click this link, Architect displays speech recognition boxes for each language defined in the flow. The expanded list appears on each of the flow’s menu actions until you click the hide languages link.
- To immediately send the caller to the current menu operation if the speech recognition engine matches the verbal request anywhere in the flow, select the Speech recognition terms go to this menu choice from any menu check box.