Create a personal chat room
You can create a personal chat room in either of two ways:
- Start a personal group and add participants.
- Add participants to a one-to-one chat.
Note: Only users with specific permissions can create Official, Social, and Distribution Groups and their corresponding public and private chat rooms.
Start a Personal Group and add participants
- To start a personal group chat room and add participants, in the chat roster, click the +.
- Click the Start Personal Group tab.
- Type a name for your group in the Group Details Name box.
- Search for and select other people to add to the group in the Invite People Search box.
- To open the new personal group chat room, click Create Group. You or other participants can add other participants to the chat room at any time.
Add participants to a one-to-one chat and start a chat room
Invite new people to a one-to-one direct message chat room to create a new personal group chat room.
- From a one-to-one direct message chat room, click Invite.
- In the Invite new participants box, begin typing the name of the person to invite to the chat room.
- Select the person you want to invite from the search results.
PureCloud creates a new personal group chat room.
- If you want to add more people, continue to use the Invite new participants box to search for and add people.
- To rename your chat room, hover over the current name in the chat window and click the Edit subject icon. Type a new name.
Note: Users in a personal chat room are members of that group as long as the chat room exists.