Create a trigger
Triggers provide an effective way to automate your Genesys Cloud workflows. When you create a trigger, you configure Genesys Cloud to take a specific action when a certain event occurs. For more information about trigger components, see Overview of triggers.
To create a trigger, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Architect, click Triggers.
- Click Add Trigger.
- Enter a name and description for the trigger, and then click Add.
- Under Topic Name, select a topic.
- Under Workflow Target, select the workflow to invoke.
- (Optional) You can specify the conditions that must be met for the trigger to be invoked. To add a condition, click Add Condition.
- Under JSON Path, enter the attribute of the event schema that you want to compare.
- Under Operator, select an operator for comparing the JSON Path with the user-defined values.
- Enter the values according to the type of operator selected.
Note: Genesys Cloud formats the value based on the selected operator. For some values, you must present them in JSON format. Therefore, it is important to test the triggers for the conditions to ensure that the values format correctly in JSON.
- String and array – JSON input.
- Numeric – Numbers
- Boolean – True or False
- Click Create.
- (Optional) Click Save & Test. In the Test Trigger window, enter the test event in JSON format and click Test. The results show the validation of the test event, and verification of the target and conditions applied to the trigger.
- To activate the trigger, switch the toggle to Active.
- Click Save.
Test the trigger
Before you activate a trigger, test it to validate the configuration. You can use the Notifications in the Developer toolbox to generate an example event for the test. Testing helps you to identify any errors in the configuration.