Configure the Zoom Phone integration
After you install the Zoom Phone integration from AppFoundry, a Genesys Cloud administrator must add, configure, and grant access to the Zoom Genesys Cloud integration. As an administrator, complete the tasks below in order.
- If you have not yet purchased a Zoom Phone license to use this integration, contact your Genesys Cloud sales representative for assistance.
- Integrations > Integration > All permission (included in the Master Admin role)
- BYOC Cloud
Before you add and configure the Zoom Phone integration in Genesys Cloud, you must configure the following:
- A SIP Trunk to PBX platform. For more information, see Setting up contact center integration.
- A Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management) connection to a SCIM provider with administrator permissions to install apps into the SCIM tenant. The following field mappings are required to ensure call transfers between Genesys Cloud and Zoom Phone work as expected:
|Directory field||SCIM field||Genesys Cloud field|
|telephoneNumber||phoneNumbers[type eq "zoomphone"].value||UserProfile.contactInfo..phone_other..value.number|
- You are required to own and manage the SCIM instance separate from Genesys Cloud.
- Currently, Genesys Cloud users are unable to dial out to the PSTN via Zoom Phone. Outbound from Genesys Cloud requires a different PSTN connection.
- For more information about non-E.164 support for phone numbers, see Can I add a non-E.164 number to an internal contact?
Enable the integration in your org
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Add Integrations.
- In the Search box, type Zoom.
- Locate the card titled Zoom Phone integration.
- Click Install. Details about the integration appear.
To use the Zoom Phone integration app and view badges, users must have the Zoom Phone User and Employee roles, or any role with the Integration > zoomPhone > View and Integration > unifiedCommunications > View permissions. For more information on assigning a role, see Assign roles, divisions, licenses, and add-ons.
Users with the Integration > unifiedCommunications > View permission see badging for integration users who have been populated via SCIM.
Users with the Integration > zoomPhone > View permission can use the call transfer workflow to see presence for integration users who have been populated via SCIM.
Configure and activate
Next, configure and activate the Zoom Phone integration:
- From the Details tab, accept the default name (Zoom Genesys Cloud integration) or type a different name.
- (Optional) Enter notes in the box provided.
- Click Save.
- Select the Details tab.
- Click the toggle so that the integration is Active.
- Click Yes. In approximately five minutes, or after an application reload, the integration becomes available to users.