Configure the UC tools integration
To integrate Genesys Cloud with a supported UC platform, follow this order of setup.
Step 1: Configure the SIP setup
Create a SIP trunk connection between Genesys Cloud BYOC and your UC platform.
- For more information about Teams Direct Routing via Session Border Controller (SBC), see the Microsoft Plan Direct Routing article. Configurations for SIP and SBC architecture can be complex and customized to your requirements.
- For more information about Zoom Phone, see Setting up contact center integration.
- For more information about Genesys Cloud BYOC, see About BYOC Cloud.
For more information, see the following SIP integration setup examples:
- Genesys Cloud BYOC SIP Connection with Microsoft Teams Direct Routing example
- Genesys Cloud BYOC Cloud SIP Connection and Trunking with Zoom Phone BYOC example
Step 2: Configure the SCIM Setup
- Select your identify provider. For more information, see About Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management).
- Segment the users you plan to populate via SCIM based on user types. For more information, see Types of users based on login and Define your integration business model.
- With administrator permissions to the UC app, configure SCIM and the required mapping fields.
- For all the users you plan to synchronize via SCIM, configure the standard SCIM field mappings. For more information, see SCIM and Genesys Cloud field mappings.
- To synchronize UC integration phone numbers for users, configure the UC integration-specific SCIM field mappings.
- For Zoom, see Configure the Zoom Phone integration.
- For Microsoft Teams, see Configure the Microsoft Teams integration.
- For 8×8, see Configure the 8×8 integration.
- You can enable only one UC phone integration per user in an org.
- Own and manage the SCIM instance separate from Genesys Cloud.
- If you use multiple DIDs, you can assign one as primary voice through SCIM. Assign the integration DID as primary for users who are not expected to log in to Genesys Cloud.
- If different user segments require different field mappings, you must deploy multiple instances of the SCIM app within your identity provider tenant.
Step 3: Install the UC application from AppFoundry
When you complete the SCIM configuration, navigate to the Genesys AppFoundry and install the required UC app into your Genesys Cloud org. After installation, the integration is available on the Admin > Integrations page in your Genesys Cloud org.
- For Zoom Phone, see Install the Zoom Phone integration from Genesys AppFoundry.
- For Microsoft Teams, see Install the Microsoft Teams integration from Genesys AppFoundry.
- For 8×8, see Install the 8×8 integration.
Note: GC-only users and hybrid users cannot see a UC-only user’s presence or the badge next to a UC-only user’s profile in Genesys Cloud until they install the UC app from AppFoundry.