Configure the Genesys Bot Connector integration
You can use your own third-party bot source in Architect message flows. Configure your bot source from the Genesys Cloud admin menu. Then, use the Architect Call Bot Connector action to integrate the messaging flow with any bot source for processing before it returns intents and slots to Architect.
- Before you can obtain the Genesys Bot Connector integration, you must contact Genesys Cloud Sales to update your subscription.
- Work with a software engineer to develop a translation layer. This layer allows third-party bots to communicate with Genesys Cloud APIs. For more information, see the Bot Connector Customer API Spec in the Developer Center.
- You can add a maximum of five Bot Connector integrations.
- For information about deploying a Microsoft Power VA bot in Genesys Cloud, see the Genesys Cloud Developer Blueprint instructions.
- For information about pricing, see Bring your own technology services model (per turn/minute rates).
When you use this action, you provide a bot list. Architect uses this list to populate fields such as bot name, version, intents, and session variables, and then provides the information from the call to the customer’s bot for processing.
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Integrations.
- Search for or navigate to the Genesys Bot Connector tile.
- Click Install. The integration opens to the Details tab.
- (Optional) Change the integration name and add notes about the integration. Note: If you change the integration name, be sure to use unique names to differentiate the integrations and the associated actions in the Genesys Cloud applications that reference them.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Properties.
- Under Value, enter the URI that Genesys uses to relay an utterance from a chat to the Bot Connector bot.
- Click the Credentials tab and add access credentials for the third-party bot. Note: These credentials allow you to provide an authorized token for bot access, and appear in the header of the REST call.
- Click Configure. The Configure Credentials dialog opens.
- Click Add Credential Field.
- In the Field Name and Value fields, enter the appropriate access token for the bot.
- Click OK.
- Activate the integration.
- Next to the bot connector integration, click the Status toggle to change it from Inactive to Active. A Change Status dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The integration is now active.
- Repeat steps 3–11 to add up to four more bot connector integrations.