Configure SIP routing for a BYOC Cloud trunk
- Telephony Admin role
PureCloud supports embedding a unique identifier in both inbound and outbound INVITES.
When configuring Inbound SIP routing for a BYOC Cloud trunk, PureCloud requires that a unique identifier exists in the INVITE to associate inbound calls with the appropriate PureCloud organization’s resources. Choose one of three methods for inbound SIP INVITES formatting.
- FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)
- TGRP (Trunk Group Routing Protocol)
- DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service)
By default you can use the recommended FQDN or TGRP method. If your carrier’s requirements prevent you from using either of those methods, enable the DNIS method.
To make it easy to understand how to format inbound INVITES, the Create External Trunk user interface provides you with dynamic help. After you begin typing an identifier in the Inbound SIP Termination Identifier box, the Inbound Request-URI Reference panel appears. This panel provides you with invite formatting examples that include your termination identifier and the address of your PureCloud organization’s region.
When configuring Outbound SIP routing for a BYOC Cloud trunk, you can specify an outbound INVITE to use either one or all of the available methods (FQDN, TGRP, or DNIS) using the Outbound SIP boxes.
- Outbound SIP Termination FQDN: Specify the domain portion of the Request-URI.
- Outbound SIP TGRP Attribute: Specify the TGRP parameter of the Request-URI.
- TGRP Context-ID: Specify the trunk context parameter of the Request-URI.
- Outbound SIP DNIS: Specify the DNIS value for the outbound call attempt.
Again, the Create External Trunk user interface provides you with dynamic help. When you begin typing in one of the Outbound SIP boxes, the Outbound Request-URI Reference panel appears providing you with an INVITE formatting example.
If you need more information about any of the settings on the Create/Edit External Trunk page, see External trunk settings.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- Click the trunk you want to configure.
- Under Inbound / Termination, enter an identifier in the Inbound SIP Termination Identifier box.
- Enable DNIS Routing if you cannot use FQDN or TGRP.
- Under Outbound, enter identifiers in the appropriate Outbound SIP boxes to configure your outbound request URI.
For more information, see Carrier requirements for BYOC Cloud.