Create base settings for a remote phone
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
Any phone, such as a cell phone, can be configured to work with Genesys Cloud using a remote phone base settings profile. This profile contains only a few basic configuration settings. These settings are found on the Base Phone tab.
Configure the base phone
- Click Admin.
- Click Phone Management.
- Under Telephony, click the Base Settings tab.
- Click Create New and the Base Phone tab appears.
- In the Base Settings Name field, enter a name.
- From the Phone Make and Model drop-down list, select Remote.
- Perform one of the following:
- To use the default base settings, click Save Base Settings and proceed to the next article in this series.
- To customize the base settings, proceed to the Customize the base phone section of this article.
Customize the base phone
- In the Phone Configuration panel, click the arrow to expand the section containing the settings you want to customize.
|Use Originating Address||
Disabled (Default): The Edge uses the default caller ID setting specified by the Address Override Method in the trunk configuration.
Enabled: Configure the Edge to pass the original caller’s info as the ANI when calling the remote station leg.
Note: If the trunk selected for the remote station leg has the Address Override Method set to Always, Genesys Cloud uses the trunk’s default caller ID regardless of whether the Use Origination Address setting is enabled or disabled.
For more information, see External trunk settings.
|Persistent Connection Settings||
When the persistent connection feature is disabled, Genesys Cloud must create a connection for every call.
When you enable the persistent connection feature and set a timeout value, you improve Genesys Cloud’s ability to process subsequent calls. More specifically, calls that come in while the connection is still active, are handled more efficiently because they can immediately use the existing connection.
Note: While remote phones support the persistent connection feature, they do not support the auto answer feature.
Disabled (Default): Do not use persistent connection feature.
Enabled: Turn on persistent connection feature.
|Persistent Connection Timeout||Sets the amount of time, in seconds, that the open connection can remain idle before Genesys Cloud automatically closes it.|
|Property Name||The name to assign to the custom property.|
|Data Type||The data type for the custom property.|
|Value||The value to assign the custom property.|
- To use the custom base settings, click Save Base Settings.
- Once you have created base settings for a remote phone, you can Create a remote phone.