Configure and activate the Audiohook streaming protocol integration in Genesys Cloud
To access and use the Audiohook streaming protocol with voice transcript-enabled queues or with Architect’s Transcription action, you must first add and configure the Audiohook streaming protocol integration in Genesys Cloud.
- Install the Genesys Cloud Voice Transcription integration from the Genesys AppFoundry.
- Configure the OAuth client credential for Genesys Cloud Voice Transcription.
- Obtain Audiohook credentials from the webhook service in which you want to connect.
- Install an Audiohook streaming protocol integration for each endpoint.
To configure the Audiohook streaming protocol integration, follow these steps:
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Install the Audiohook streaming protocol integration from Genesys AppFoundry.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Under Channel, select whether to stream internal (agent), external (customer), or both. Note: A value of “both” means a two-channel (stereo) stream with external party on the left channel and internal party on the right; values of “external” and “internal” provide a single-channel stream.
- Under Connection URI, select the WebSocket endpoint in which to stream the audio.
- Click the Credentials tab.
- Click Configure. The Configure Credentials dialog prompts you for the values that you obtained from the endpoint to which you want to connect:
- API Key: The API key that passes to servicers in the X-API-KEY header.
- Client Secret: The value that you use to sign connection requests and allow servers to authenticate the client.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Select the Details tab.
- To activate the integration, click Inactive. The Change Status dialog appears and asks you to confirm that you want to activate Audiohook.
- Click Yes. The status changes to Active.