Manage a WhatsApp business account
- Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
The following permissions:
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- Login credentials for customer’s Meta/FaceBook business manager
- If you don’t have a Meta/FaceBook Business Manager Account, see Create a Business Manager for instructions on how to create an account.
- The brand that interacts with WhatsApp users owns the business manager account. A business manager that a partner, integrator, or ad agency owns is not accepted for customers. The customer when setting up the WhatsApp Integration in Genesys Cloud must be able to log in to the Meta/FaceBook business manager. Post that can step through the Embedded Signup Flow to connect the relevant Meta Business Accounts and WhatsApp Business Accounts.
- Valid phone numbers you want to register on the WhatsApp Business Platform along with the WhatsApp display names that you want to use for each number that you are registering. The phone number for your business must meet the following criteria:
- Owned by the business,
- Has a country and area code, such as landline, mobile numbers, or toll-free numbers,
- Able to receive voice calls or SMS,
- Not a short code, and
- Not currently used with the WhatsApp Business Platform or the WhatsApp Messenger/Consumer app, or the WhatsApp Business App.
You can view your Meta Business Manager when you complete the new WhatsApp onboarding experience in Genesys Cloud using the Embedded Signup Flow. For more information about how you can manage your WhatsApp Business Account (WABA), see Meta Business Manager. For information about how you can signup using embedded signup, see Work with Embedded signup flow. With Meta Business Manager you can perform tasks, such as verify your business, update phone number or business profile, and maintain your message templates and QR codes.
Once you complete the embedded signup, the system auto-triggers a compliance check with the WhatsApp platform policies. WhatsApp then performs the check in the background. If this check fails, WhatsApp notifies businesses and Genesys via email. It simultaneously disables the account and disconnects the phone number. You can then file an appeal request to WhatsApp through your Business Manager. Stop using the number and delete the integration/phone number in Genesys Cloud as per WhatsApp’s policy.
It is recommended that customers initiate business verification when they are ready to scale business-initiated conversations, add more phone numbers, or request to become an Official Business Account (OBA). If the business is not verified yet, the number is eligible for an unverified trial for 30 days. During the trial period, you can register your number and use it to reach a limited number of users. Once verified, you can use the phone number for regular usage. WhatsApp then initiates the display name review for all phone numbers associated with your account. For instructions on how to add and register new phone numbers, see WhatsApp’s display name best practices.
Once verified, the businesses can send out business-initiated conversations to 1K unique customers and use increased limits based on WhatsApp’s messaging limits upgrade requirements. For more information about the requirements for messaging limits, see Messaging Limits.
Once the business is verified, businesses can send business-initiated conversations to 1K unique customers and take advantage of increased limits based on WhatsApp’s.
You can manage your WhatsApp phone numbers and business profiles from your Meta business manager. To update your business profile for your phone number, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Meta.
- Select your business.
- Navigate to WhatsApp Manager > Account tools > Phone Numbers.
For more information about instructions and guidelines on WhatsApp business phone numbers and display names, see About your WhatsApp Business phone number’s quality rating, About WhatsApp Business display name, and How to change your WhatsApp display name.
An Official Business Account (OBA) displays a green check mark badge in its profile and chat thread headers. Submit the OBA requests directly and Genesys no longer must submit WhatsApp OBA requests on your behalf. You can submit these requests from the Meta business manager. For more information on how to submit requests, log in to Meta Business Manager. You can also access the following articles in the Meta business help center for instructions and guidelines.
You can request message links or QR codes for your WhatsApp numbers from your Meta Business Manager. For more information about how to manage QR codes, see Manage your WhatsApp Business Platform QR code.
To get your message templates approved, submit a WhatsApp message template form to Genesys. You can perform this activity from your Meta business manager. To submit a WhatsApp message template from your Meta business manager, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Meta.
- Select your business.
- Navigate to WhatsApp Manager > Account tools > Message Templates.
For more information about how you can submit a WhatsApp message template from your Meta business manager, see Meta Business Manager. You can also access the following articles in the Meta business help center for instructions and guidelines to manage templates.
- Create message templates for your WhatsApp Business Account
- Edit Message Templates for Your WhatsApp Business Account
- Delete message templates for your WhatsApp Business Account
- View metrics for your WhatsApp Business message template
- About Your WhatsApp Business Message Template’s Quality Rating
- Guidelines for Utility, Authentication and Marketing templates
After you have create/update your message templates in the WhatsApp Manager and WhatsApp has approved them for use, you can add and use them in your organisation. For more information on how to add and use a WhatsApp template in Genesys Cloud, see Add a WhatsApp template message and Use a WhatsApp template message. For more information on how to send WhatsApp notifications without involving an agent, see Agentless WhatsApp Notifications.
You can run real-time monitoring of messaging and spending analytics of your WhatsApp business account. You can also view the metrics of all conversations in the Insights tab of the WhatsApp Manager. The real-time graphs enable you to look into the performance of each metric. For more information on how to view conversation insights for your WABA, see View conversation insights for your WhatsApp Business Account.