Agents become available when:
- They go on queue.
- They finish an interaction and any after-call work.
- They answer an interaction but are not at the maximum allowed number of interactions.
As agents become available, they are added to a first-in, first-out queue.
- When routing interactions to agents, Genesys Cloud selects the agent that matches the configured evaluation method and has gone the longest since handling an ACD interaction.
- Status changes and on-queue behavior do not affect agent selection.
- Completing an outbound interaction on behalf of a queue resets an agent’s time counted for last handling of an interaction.
- Administrators can specify that all queue routing methods use changes in an agent’s presence to reset the ACD routing score. For more information, see Reset an agent’s routing score after presence changes.