Add an Emergency Group variable
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
An emergency group that you associate with a call flow quickly and efficiently modifies call routing behavior during unplanned or semi-planned critical events, such as fire, natural disasters, and power outages. For more information, see Emergencies.
- Search behavior is not case-sensitive.
- The emergency group string name must be a minimum of one character and maximum of 256 characters.
- The dynamic lookup limit for a unique type is 25.
- Each lookup is unique, so multiple lookups for the same object in the flow only count as 1.
- The total lookup limit per flow is 100.
- If the supplied emergency group value is NOT_SET, then the flow takes the not found path.
Add an emergency group variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add an emergency group variable to an Update Data action
Note: The emergency group must be defined in Genesys Cloud by the administrator.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- In the Update Data workspace, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select Emergency Group.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, perform one of these steps:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the list and select the desired emergency group.
- To set the value using an expression, click the Expression button , select Expression, and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Large Expression Editor button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.
- Add an appropriate action to the task sequence and configure it to use the skill variables you created here.