Add a group variable
Groups are communities within your organization based on common skills, relationships, location, or other information. Groups are useful for creating categories of knowledge or contact within your enterprise. In Architect, a group expression routes a work item to an eligible group. Groups are established and configured by the Genesys Cloud administrator.
Add a group variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a group variable to an Update Data data action. For example, to send a call to agents with specialized subject matter knowledge.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select Group.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the value from literal mode, select the appropriate group from the drop-down list.
- To set the queue using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.