Why isn’t the client appearing in Lightning?
For the client to appear in Salesforce Lightning, change a few settings in Salesforce and create a component for the client.
- Set up your Lightning apps to use the Salesforce SoftPhone.
In Lightning, the client appears as a component, or Lightning app, accessible from the bottom of your browser window. For more information, see the Lightning apps setup section at Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Add URLs to the definition files.
The managed package installed for Genesys Cloud for Salesforce includes definition files for both Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Classic and Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning. Make sure the URL for Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning points to the correct URL.
- In Salesforce, click Setup.
- Search for and then click Call Centers.
The All Call Centers page appears.
- Next to Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning, click Edit.
- Update the CTI Adapter URL with https://<your region>/crm/index.html?crm=salesforce. For example, if your Genesys Cloud organization is located in the Americas (US East) region, the URL is https://apps.mypurecloud.com/crm/index.html?crm=salesforce. For other regions, see Change the region of your Genesys Cloud organization.
- Click Save.
- Associate your user with Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning.
- Under your user name at the top of the page, click Settings.
- Click Advanced User Details.
- Click Edit.
- Next to Call Center, click the Lookup icon.
- Select Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning. Tip: If Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning does not appear in the Search Results, delete the text in the Search box and click Go! The Search Results update with Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Lightning.
- Click Save.
- Access the client through a Lightning app.
- Click the App Launcher icon at the top of the page.
- Select the Lightning app, such as Sales, for which you created a phone component (step 1).
A Phone component appears in the bottom of the page.
- Click Phone.
The client is now visible in Lightning.
For more information about the integration, see About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce.