Which address is being used for a call to Emergency Services?
That depends on where your organization is located.
USA / Canada
In the United States and Canada, the following rules are applied in this order:
- If you re working remotely and have specified a remote address as your emergency address, that that remote address will be the location. For more information, see Set your Emergency Address when working remotely.
- If the number is assigned as an ELIN, the address will be the location to which it is assigned as the ELIN.
- If the number is assigned to a User with a phone or a Standalone Phone, the address will be the location associated with that phone’s Site.
- If the number is assigned to an IVR, the address will be the Default Site for the organization.
- If the number is not assigned to a User/IVR or as an ELIN, the address will be the Default Site for the organization.
In EMEA, the address of the Location assigned to the number at purchase or via the Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management page.